There are times when we become surprised when opening packets of food, but usually, these are because of a Kit Kat finger in that is in all chocolate or traveling slug in some lettuce.
However, one man got the shock of his life after opening up a box of microwaveable rice. He found a dead mouse that made his wife vomit a few times.
Richard Leech took to Twitter addressing Lidl, and he wrote:
“Hi @LidlUK I wonder if you could let me know how this mouse got into my packet of rice? Now my house stinks of cooked mouse and my wife is uncontrollable vomiting.”
In a statement given to LADbible, after the investigation by the product’s supplier, the supermarket giant said: “It is never our intention for a customer to be dissatisfied in any way, and we were extremely sorry to see that this particular product did not meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect.
“Following contact with the customer, the matter was immediately escalated to our quality assurance team who, through their initial investigation with the supplier, were able to identify the foreign substance as mould. Whilst very rare, this can occur as a result of an extremely small hole in the pack.
“We only ever work with reputable accredited suppliers who have extensive controls and procedures in place to verify the quality of products. We are, therefore, very disappointed that our expected high standards were not met on this occasion, and are in ongoing contact with the customer on the matter.”
While Lidl was trying to sort things out, Twitter users created mouse-based wordplay, with one commenting: “At least it was only a Lidl mouse it could’ve been a big mouse.”
Someone wrote: “They spelt pilau mice wrong.”
What are your thoughts on this? Do you also think that it was a dead mouse or was it just mold? Let us know in the comments section!
Recommended Video –“Burger King Branch Shuts Down After A Video Of Rats Running Inside The Bags Of Buns Goes Viral”