If you like to watch TV or read news on the internet, you’ve probably heard about weird things that people end up having in their bodies.
From inserting caps inside the nose to swallowing toys, there are many ways you can make a fool out of yourself and put your life in danger.
For one woman, however, the situation was more of a mysterious nature as she didn’t even realize that there’s a foreign object in her body that’s making her sick. Continue reading and unravel her story!
The case of a 41-year-old woman has recently taken over the internet.Six years ago she first began experiencing pain in her abdominal area and decided to go through with the colonoscopy biopsy.
After finding out that she’s suffering from inflammation caused by Crohn’s disease, she received treatment and kept on living while her condition continued to worsen.“Typical symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal pain, fatigue, unexplained weight loss and blood and mucus in the feces,” the New York Post explained in regards to diagnosis that she was given.
After more than 6 years of living with these problems, the actual cause was finally discovered. By then, the woman was already in poor condition, and laparoscopy was the only solution at hand. After moving in on the inflamed mass in her intestine, the doctors revealed something shocking.
They have found out that the cause of six years of pain were two packets of Heinz ketchup. They were lodged between her small and large intestine, causing discomfort and inflammation. After removing these foreign objects, the woman’s pain nearly instantly disappeared.
Despite the size of the packets, the woman claims that she doesn’t know how they got inside her. As the symptoms of her condition were the same as those of Crohn’s disease, doctors weren’t able to discover the real cause before the surgery. “This case highlights that an inflammatory mass in the small intestine caused by the perforation of ingested foreign body can mimic Crohn’s disease,” a journal report explained.
While this is the only known case of an ingested plastic object mimicking the symptoms of Crohn’s disease, there are other similar cases involving swallowed toothpicks that also resulted in the mentioned symptoms.
Luckily, this woman is finally free of the burden!
Moral of the story: Eat the ketchup, not the packets!
Don’t forget to share this story to remind others of potential consequences of swallowing unwanted objects.