The Kenosha GOP Chairwoman says that 80 percent of people support the 17-year-old who shot two protesters after he had been hit with a skateboard.
In an interview with Fox and Friends, Erin Decker said the majority of the residents in the city supported Kyle Rittenhouse
The teen was among a group of self-styled militiamen who were trying to protect the city from vandals and looters amid protests over the shooting of Jacob Blake, a man of color who was shot multiple times in front of his children.
“It looks like it was self-defense, and, talking to people around the area, I would say about 80 percent of the people support what Kyle did,” Decker said, adding the remaining 20 percent “are probably the people that can’t stand Donald Trump and can’t stand anything conservative or Republican, so they’re just going to attack anything that resembles that.
“I believe the same people that support Donald Trump are happy that he came into the city—or sent troops into the city—and that includes Republicans, independents and Democrats,” she continued.
“I believe they’re the same people that support Kyle Rittenhouse.”
Rittenhouse remains in custody in his home state, Illinois. He is scheduled to appear before a judge for an extradition hearing on September 25.
President Trump also defended the teen during a White House briefing, saying Rittenhouse had been ‘very violently attacked’ before he pulled the trigger.
“He was trying to get away from them I guess, it looks like, and he fell on then they very violently attacked him,” he said.
“It was something that we are looking at right now and it’s under investigation, but I guess he was in very big trouble. He probably would’ve been killed. It’s under investigation,” he added.
The teen’s lawyer, John Pierce, also defended him on Tucker Carlson Tonight. “This is 100 percent self defense.
“The only individuals Kyle shot were the three individuals attacking him and putting him at risk.
“This is a 17-year-old kid, this is amazing what he did.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“These Bikers Stormed The Neighborhood Looking For A Bullied Teen Who Steps Out To Confront Them”