Omid Scobie has warned the Royal Family that they face ‘losing diversity’ as his friend Meghan Markle left the UK.
It was on March 7, 2020, when the journalist first tweeted a photo of the Duchess of Sussex visiting a school in London.
In his original post, he claimed that the photo “illustrates what the Royal Family is about to lose.”
“I rarely add my own opinion to reporting but if there was ever a photo that illustrates what the Royal Family is about to lose – it’s this. Diversity, modernity, inclusivity and representation,” he wrote on Twitter in March last year.
In his recent tweet, Mr. Scopie posted photos of Meghan’s trip to Robert Clack school in Dagenham and captioned the photo: “a year ago today.”
On Friday, the journalist shocked Good Morning Britain viewers after he accused the Royal Family of silencing allegations against Prince Andrew.
“This is an institution that remained silent about the allegations about Prince Andrew. It does feel we have a slightly uneven playing field here,” he told presenters Ben Shepherd and Kate Garraway.
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliam told Mail Online that Mr. Scobie’s remarks were “disingenuous” and a bid to “deflect attention from the bullying allegations.”
Mr. Fitzwilliam also said that Prince Andrew is no longer a working member of the royal family and has “promised to take part in FBI investigation into Epstein’s accomplices to bring justice for his victims.”
On Wednesday, the Palace said in a statement that its HR team will “look into” allegations Meghan Markle bullied royal aides, saying it “does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!