Iran has issued yet another arrest warrant for President Donald Trump as the country insists on punishing all those responsible for the killing of General Qasem Soleimani.
Following one year after Trump ordered a drone strike that resulted in the death of the top Iranian general, officials in Iran have doubled down on their resolution to punish those responsible for the assassination.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran is very seriously following up on pursuing and punishing those who ordered and executed this crime,” judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili said.
Besides issuing another arrest warrant for the US President, Iranian officials also urged Interpol to issue a ‘red notice’ for the arrest of 48 US officials, including Trump, who were behind the killing of Soleimani.
“The request to issue ‘Red Notice’ for 48 people involved in the assassination of Martyr Soleimani, including the US President, as well as commanders and officials at the Pentagon and forces in the region, were handed over to Interpol,” Esmaili said after requesting help in detaining top US officials.
As the spokesman insisted, the assassination represented a “terrorist crime.”
Following Iran’s request, Interpol responded by pointing out that they don’t consider red notice requests that are driven by military or political concerns.
During the week marked by Soleimani’s death anniversary, a number of top Iranian officials vowed to seek revenge against the perpetrators.
“Trump will have to pay back, whatever his position. Whether he heads the U.S. administration or not, Trump should face retribution for the atrocity he has perpetrated,” judiciary chief Ebrahim Raisi said.
Raisi also warned that people responsible for the assassination will “not be safe on Earth.”
Meanwhile, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani renewed the threats he previously made to President Trump.
“One of the effects of this stupid and disgraceful act was that Trumpism ended and in a few days, the life of this criminal will end,” Rouhani reportedly said on Wednesday, whereas excerpts of his speech were shared on the country’s presidential website in English.
“[He] will go to the dustbin of history, and we are very happy about this and we believe that the period after Trump will be a better condition for regional and global stability.”
Recommended Video For You!
Three Dot Tattoos Are Popping Up All Over. Cops Now Warn If You See One, Get Far Away Fast