Nineteen-year-old Darya Kadochnikova had to undergo a C-section after her baby “changed position” in the uterus.
The Russian teenager was planning a natural birth at some public hospital but was told by the doctors that a cesarean section would be safer for her and her baby.
The doctors tried to execute the surgery under epidural anesthesia but that did not work as Darya could still feel the pain of the incision so they opted for an IV anesthesia instead.
When Darya woke up from the sedation of the anesthesia, she was shocked to see a deep cut on her daughter’s face under her right eye, next to her nose.
The Russian media revealed that the doctors told Darya that her infant “shouldn’t have moved too much” during the surgery.
It was also reported by the media that Darya got a high fever after her C-section and is now taking antibiotics for her illness. However, she is breastfeeding her baby nonetheless.
This is the second case of such a wound being inflicted on an infant in recent days.
Not too long ago, an English mom revealed that her infant was left with a permanent scar after the medics accidentally cut the baby’s nose.
However, according to the doctors at Norwich University Hospital, the scar was “very unlikely” of being caused by a surgical instrument.
Another such case was reported by a mom in 2017 when a “botched” C-Section left an inch-long scar on her baby’s head.
That case was investigated by health chiefs following the mother’s complaint to having to wait for an agonizing 24 hours for a plastic surgeon to come and stitch her infant’s wound.
According to a study conducted on around 900 moms who had C-section to give birth, it was revealed that nearly 1.5 to 1.9 percent of the infants got cuts during the surgery.
However, medics maintain that it is highly unlikely for babies to get cuts during a C-section.