The thought of your partner cheating on you can be unbearable for most to handle.
For many, their partners are the foundation for their entire life and losing that can be absolutely terrifying to anyone. Even worse is knowing that they hurt you in such a way. Not only have you lost them, but you will also be going through one of the, if not the, hardest time in your life.
Chances are, if you’re like most people this terrifying thought has crossed your mind once or twice before. Perhaps you’ve even created a plan of what you would do, although you pray that you never will need it. Still even with the best plans, it’s still absolutely terrifying and most of us wouldn’t know what to do if we found ourselves in that very situation.
One man found himself in this very situation when he discovered his wife had been cheating on him. He decided to write a letter to her wife’s lover on the popular website Craigslist.
To the guy doing my wife. You know who you are. Yes I know. No I am not angry, I would just ask a few things of you. After all you are giving it to my wife.
1. Please stop leaving the seat up, I keep getting blamed and it is starting to get old.
2. You may be giving me a chance to go fishing more often but please stop drinking all my beer. It is fine if you have a couple while you visit (god knows I drink plenty before I find her attractive), but please leave me a few as I have to be there longer than you.
3. If you do drink the last one buy more or leave money on the counter I will pick some up.
4. Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if its not there he does not have to wipe. We keep it under the sink, unless you can recommend a better spot?
5. After doing my wife please use something disposable to wipe off with. The basket of clothes on the right is mine and the clothes are clean as my wife does not do my washing, I run out of time rushing to work. Last week my sweatshirt was crusty(thanks).
6. Please do not tell my children that you are their uncle, they are young not mentally challenged.
7. Please stop turning the heat up, You pay nothing and MUD is putting it in my ass, my wife may like it but I think it hurts.
8. When she asks “do these pants make me look fat,” say no. You may think giving a different answer will make her think twice about eating a gallon of ice cream a day but all you are doing is giving her a reason to go buy more pants that she will look just as fat in.
9. Stop eating the baked goods. The brownies you ate were from my mom for my birthday. My wife has not cooked anything that good for years and if she does she will not share.
10. Try shifting your weight when you sit on my chair. The recliner that I rarely have time for (soccer games and practice, basketball camp for the kids takes much of my time and I try to help with school work too)has a grove in it that forces me to roll to the left.
Lastly I would like thank you for taking her to lunch on Valentines Day. She was not as hungry as usual and only ordered one meal. I may be able to use the money I saved to take the children to a movie. I hope you can help me with these items, it may become awkward if I have to confront her. If you can do this for me I will give you a heads up on when I will be gone and for how long so that you don’t feel rushed.
P.S. I am going to take the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge on the 3rd of April for four days, I have a bottle of vodka above the fridge if you find yourself low on beer.
This man is clearly hurting, but decided to tackle the situation in a very creative way. Sadly because the letter was posted anonymously on Craigslist we may never know what happened to their relationship or if the lover ever stopped leaving the seat up.
What do you think? Would you handle it any differently? Tell us down below!