Don’t you think it’s pretty strange to see a dog being rushed to an emergency clinic after he ends up eating Easter buns from his owner’ plate.
The buns wee made using raisins and nutmeg.
Labradoodle Ralph, the dog was quickly taken to the clinic as he was almost being dead and thus the owner Keith Jeary, 65 had to rush the dog immediately to a nearby clinic in order to save the dog.
When an incident like this takes place in the middle of the night, it becomes extremely difficult for the owner to handle it.
Keith Jeary, 65, says that he immediately got to know that his pup was troubled the very moment he ate the snacks, made for Easter.
The buns were made of raisins and nutmeg and as soon as the dog ate it the dog fell sick. Keith also said that initially he did not know the reason for the dog’s sickness until he saw the plate near him lying empty.
He quickly rushed the dog to the hospital because he knew that raisins can be extremely harmful and poisonous to dogs and he did not want to take a chance with it. The incidence took place when Keith was on a holiday in Penicuik, Midlothian.
He admitted Ralph at the veterinary clinic in Edinburgh where the dog was treated well. The dog was then treated to bring up 12 raisins and the pastry completely and then he recovered totally.
Also, at the clinic Laura Playforth gave a warning to the dog owners about the incident and also suggested that the dog has to be taken care of well.
She also mentioned that she isn’t clear about what exactly caused the sickness in the dog but she suspects that the ingredients used in the hot cross buns and pastries can be quite harmful to these furry creatures.
Despite the dog was made to threw up the chances of the some of the remains in the stomach can also be there because 100% clearance of the stomach may not be successful.
These issues are now taken up seriously to social media because there are many such incidences that have been recorded in the past too.
Last month there was an incidence where a Glasgow man made sure to tell the other owners to be also careful about their dogs after his pooch was poisoned with antifreeze.
Share this post with your friends and family.
“Horrified mother discovers pins in the punnet of strawberries.”
If you liked this post, we would love to hear from you:)