After having a negative experience in using Hatchimals brand children’ bath bomb product, a mother went to social media to warn other mothers by sharing her story.
It touched the heart of many and raised a lot of concern.
A woman named Jennifer Woodruff, claims that the product in question caused damages to her daughter’s skin, and is out to create awareness among other mothers to be cautious while intending to buy the product. It is her wish that no one should be harmed with the same again after her daughter’s skin burn.
Bath bombs are bubbly fun, especially for kids, when they have their trip to the bathtub. It forms a way of luring them to get into the water as well and also have fun with the bubbles generated by the bath bomb itself.
The Hatchimals brand creates more fun for little kids than any other brand as it also has a surprise of toy hidden in it. That has made it very popular with many people who prefer it to others. It is like gifting your kid twice; fun while bathing and a toy to play with later. Which kid wouldn’t be happy about it?
Woodruff bought the bath bomb for her 5-year-old daughter named Willow. She thought that it was the best thing to do, but she was in for a great shock. She said that Willow started complaining about the irritations in her skin within her first minute into the bath. The irritations worsened, and Willow was being hurt.
She reports that her hands turned red and swollen. She had to take her daughter to the hospital for an immediate medical care. At the hospital, doctors confirmed that Willow had a chemical burn in her hands! It was what Woodruff had to accept in disbelief. She never expected that whatsoever.
She followed all the instructions as they are printed on the packet to the latter. She also reported that her daughter had never complained of anything like that before and had been having a nice time in the bathtub with the bath bombs. That made her to strongly believe that the source of the problem was the product that she used on that day. If that was anything to go by, then mothers should be more cautious on the brands of bath bomb that they have to buy for their kids.
Woodruff’s Facebook has been withdrawn from the public domain, though it went viral during the short period that it took on the internet. Many questions were asked concerning the safety of products that are manufactured by GBG Beauty. They felt a bit unsafe using their products and wanted a clarification on the same.
Woodruff later made an update on her post where she explained that she has contacted the company and explained to them what has happened to her daughter.
She even assumed that all the products with that particular batch number would be recalled by the company. However, by the time of writing this article, no product recall has been made yet by the GBG Beauty.
“I made a phone call to the company headquarters, and the batch number in question is being investigated. There are chances that the products will be recalled as many reports have been raised,” Woodruff wrote on her Facebook timeline. She also added that other complaints are not necessarily related to chemical burns.
“Someone working in the company can easily miss the correct ingredient ratios in a batch and take no notice of it,” she added.
Her reason for posting, as it turned out, was to warn mothers to be extra cautious when considering giving their kids Hatchimals bath bomb.
If the product gives you a little concern, then consider using the natural ones from now onwards as Woodruff advocates.
If it has raised much of concern in you, then you can just play safe by making your bath bomb where at least you have control over the gradients that you use.
The batch number being talked about here is HZ062HBAZATUR. It doesn’t hurt to cross-check, and we all wish the little girl a quick recovery.
Was it the best thing for Woodruff t rush and warn people about the product before consulting the company and proving that it was indeed harmful?