Pet grooming simply refers to hygienic care and cleaning of a pet to enhance thy physical appearance of a pet or especially dog. A groomer is a person who earns their living grooming dogs.
Grooming is a vital part of the well-being and healthiness of a dog, which can improve its quality of life. How much grooming a dog needs depends on its breed, age, and health. Pet groomers offer different services for your pet’s health, cleaning the eyes, ears, and butts. The cost of these services may vary depending on your location and type of services being offered.
Recently, a groomer put a hilarious poster for customers who were always coming up with the questions related to cost, “Your services are costly as compared to hairdresser”. Answering questions like this on a daily basis was tiring, therefore groomer came up with this hilarious poster titled, “Top Ten Reasons Why It Costs More to Get Your Pet Groomed Than Your Own Haircut!”
Obviously, this poster was put to answer the same boring questions about their fees where all the reasons were put explaining why a pet groomer is a far more in-depth and physically demanding job than your average hairdresser.
10. Your hairdresser doesn’t wash and clean your rear end.
9. You don’t go eight weeks without washing or brushing your hair.
8. Your hairdresser doesn’t give you a sanitary trim.
7. Your hairdresser doesn’t clean your ears.
6. Your hairdresser doesn’t remove the boogers from your eyes.
5. You sit still for your hairdresser.
4. Your haircut doesn’t include a manicure or pedicure
3. Your hairdresser only washes and cuts the hair on your head.
2. You don’t bite or scratch your hairdresser.
1. The likelihood of you pooping on your hairdresser is pretty slim.
Although, Laura Gedgaudaite, a Copenhagen-based groomer, loves her job, but also admits that it is harder than what most people think. She also explains that depending on breeds, it takes enough time and skill to groom a pet. According to Laura, it takes a lot of energy to handle a dog if it is not calm. Moreover, there are always chances to get a bite while performing your duty. That is why groomers are worth every penny!
“MAKEOVER! Longest Hair I’ve Ever Cut, by Christopher Hopkins, The Makeover Guy”