A grandfather brought a red velvet cake into a hospital and gave the thank you gift to nurses who were left ‘off their faces.
It was on May 27 when cops arrived at Warrington Hospital and discovered that nurses had consumed a cake that was full of cannabis. It had been brought to them by a grandfather as a thank you gift for the care they had given to his relative.
It is believed that the cake was made for his grandson’s birthday and he had no idea about its ingredients.
The hospital chiefs first said that nobody had consumed the cake. However, they were then forced to admit that ‘one member of staff’ ate some but ‘did not experience any effects.’
A member of staff then said that ‘three or four’ of the nursing staff consumed the treat and were left ‘off their faces’ after feeling ‘relaxed.’
“They were eating the cake and then the next minute the staff were all off their faces,” said the staff member.
“It was brought in by a nice old man as a thank you, but it was full of funny stuff and had them all relaxed.
“There was no impact on the patients whatsoever, but they all knew something was wrong, so the police were called in.”
Cheshire Police confiscated the leftovers and tested it. It was then discovered that there was a load of the Class B drug in it.
It is believed the cake was made for an 18th birthday party but was accidentally taken to the hospital by the grandfather when he saw it.
“It was genuinely an error by all parties, even the person who put something in that he shouldn’t have because he didn’t know it was going to the hospital,” said a police source.
“Nobody knew that, and that’s why we’re not taking it any further.”
What’s your take on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this with your friends and family!