A 2-year-old girl has passed away from E.coli poisoning after her family became sick during their holiday in Turkey.
Little Allie Birchall and her family stayed at the Crystal Sunset Luxury Resort and Spa where she developed complications.
It was also claimed that the children’s lavatories had been ‘smeared’ with human waste and there had been ‘feces in the pool.’
Allie was rushed to a hospital when they returned to the UK. Sadly, her family had to make the devastating decision to switch off her life support. She died three weeks before her third birthday.
Katie Dawson, her mother, explained how all family members suffered from gastric symptoms including diarrhea and stomach cramps during their 10-day trip.
She said they had problems with the hygiene at the resort, including food which hadn’t been heated properly and feces in the pool.
“Food was sometimes left uncovered and occasionally served lukewarm, and there were birds occasionally flying around the food,” she said.
“We saw faeces in the swimming pool and I spoke to other holidaymakers who saw the faeces in the pool on more than one occasion, and staff just scooped it out without closing the pool or giving it a thorough clean.
“The walls in the children’s toilets were also smeared with faeces. It was disgusting.”
It was confirmed that the toddler contracted Shiga-Toxin producing E.Coli. It then led to Allie developing Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome, a life-threatening complication that affects the blood and blood vessels, causing the destruction of blood platelets. It can also lead to brain damage and kidney failure.
“Allie was an intelligent, beautiful and independent little lady. She was always giving kisses and cuddles at home, and always wanted to be sat on someone’s knee or to be picked up and carried around,” Katie expressed.
“There is now a massive hole in our home and our hearts. We all miss her dearly. She should not have died. She had so much to give.”
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!
Recommended Video For You!
“South African Girl Catches A Speedy Cobra With Her Bare Hands”