An 8-year-old girl passed away after she was struck by a high-voltage blast of electricity.
Julia Franco was happily enjoying the Christmas decorations in Caldas Novas, Brazil when she was electrocuted by a piece of exposed metal.
Her grieving mother, Rejany Honoria de Almedia, said the young girl was excited and happy the day she took her last photos.
“What was supposed to be a family outing has become a tragedy,” she expressed.
According to reports, the parents and their three young children were excited to see the holiday decorations at Mestre Orlando Square.
The family arrived 30 minutes before the Christmas decorations were scheduled to be turned on.
Rejany took photos of the children and let them play around, and that’s when Julia accidentally touched the faulty wire and was electrocuted.
“Julia was so happy,” the heartbroken mother shared. “When the children were playing close to a metal structure that was going to be a tunnel of lights, she put her hand inside and it got stuck there.”
“My husband picked her up and called the ambulance. She was taken to hospital, but had a massive heart attack,” Rejany recalled.
“She was taken by God.”
Police who arrived at the scene said trained workers who had been doing the same job for a decade were responsible for the installation of the Christmas decorations.
Authorities said the lights will remain off as the investigation continues.
One person commented: “Terrible who put them up should be charged with manslaughter.”
Another wrote: “My condolences to the little girls family. Rip little one.”
A third added: “RIP little Julia…”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!