A two-year-old girl was electrocuted after putting the end of a phone charger in her mouth while it was still plugged to an outlet.
The tragic incident occurred in Jahangirabad city in the central Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The young girl, her father Shahid and mother Razia are residents of Delhi and they lived in Mustafabad.
Razia and her 2-year-old toddler went to her mother’s house in Bulandshaher in Jahangirbad as she wanted to be with her parents for prayers as it was the holy month of Ramadan.
They were delighted to see each other and the grandparents were also extremely happy that their grandchild had also come home.
Razia then left the little girl to play inside the house. However, someone charged a phone, according to the Times of India. But the person then removed the device from the charger but left it behind still plugged to a live switch.
The two-year-old, who was playing alone, noticed the charger’s cable from the switchboard. Like all other babies her age, she also placed things she found inside her mouth. So when she grabbed the cable that was still plugged in, the tragic moment happened.
Local media reported that the toddler was left unconscious and was rushed to a hospital. Sadly, she was declared dead upon arrival.
“The family has not approached us with any police complaint, so a case has not been filed. However, if somebody approaches us for a complaint, it will be done according to the norms,” said Akhilesh Pradhan from Jahangirabad police station.
One Twitter user commented: “Please unplug your chargers from the wall when not being used if you have toddlers or puppies running around! It never occurred to me until yesterday when I read of a 2 year old who stuck the end of a charger in her/ his mouth and was electrocuted. “
Another wrote: “A WARNING TO EVERYONE WHO HAS A MOBILE. A 2-year-old toddler was electrocuted after she put the lead of a phone charger in her mouth while it was still plugged into the wall.”
A third said: “Pls think before leaving chargers plugged in!! Toddler electrocuted after putting mobile phone charger in her mouth.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!