A 1-year-old girl tragically died after being rushed from a nursery to a hospital.
According to the Mirror, the 14-month-old girl choked on her lunch and had to undergo an emergency operation to remove a bean that blocked her throat.
Unfortunately, the surgery was not a success and the toddler passed away two days later.
The tragedy occurred Monday lunchtime at a nursery in Rocafort. Police arrived on the scene within 60 seconds and paramedics minutes later.
Reports said that the girl died in the early hours of Wednesday in an intensive care unit after suffering brain damage.
A spokeswoman for La Fe Hospital in Valencia, Spain said that the girl was in a ‘critical’ condition before the operation due to a lack of oxygen.
The town where the heartbreaking incident happened declared three days of mourning.
“I would like to express mine, the town hall’s and the whole of Rocafort’s most sincere condolences and profound sadness to the family and friends of the little girl that has died,” said town mayor Guillermo Jose.
“I am also declaring three days of mourning in Rocafort starting from today,” he said. “All the flags on council buildings will be flown at half-mast, with a black ribbon on them.”
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time. Rest in peace, little angel!
What are your thoughts on 1-Year-Old Girl Died After Being Rushed From Nursery To A Hospital? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!