Yulia Vysotskaya was a 14 years old Russian schoolgirl who lives in Cheboksary, drowned in her bath after dropping her phone in the water which gave her a life-taking electric shock.
Her phone was charging by the tub when it slipped and fell in the tub. According to one report, her parents called the paramedics; however, they were a bit too late and could only take Yulia to a nearby morgue to register her death.
This is the third time in about a year a case like this has surfaced the papers, despite the several public warnings issued, concerning the possible risks of charging smartphones in a bath.
Last year in December, there was a similar incident in Bratsk, Siberia, when a girl, who was 15 years old, by the name of Irina Rybnikova was found dead instantly while using her phone in the bath while it was charging.
She was a Russian martial arts champion, and one of the champion fighters in the form of pankration, which includes wrestling and boxing without any rules. This form had its origination in ancient Greece.
The same year, Kseniya P, a girl who was 12-years old girl, got electrocuted while listening to some music in the bath when her phone was charging.
This incident took place in the Bolshoe Gryzlovo village, which is located in Serpukhovsky district of Moscow. Her mother was present in the house, cooking an evening meal while this incident as taking place.
Kseniyas silence worried her, which is when she went to the bathroom to check on her. On reaching she found the girl, already dead, with her phone floating on the water inside the tub her head was in.
Andrey Stanovsky, who is an electronics engineer, compared carrying a phone to the bathroom while taking a shower as dangerous as the deadly game ofRussian roulette.
After the death of Irina, the head of the radio-electronic department in Irkutsk State University, Yury Agrafonov explained the reasons for these deaths.
She said that since water is good at conducting electricity, every time a charging phone falls in the water, there is a short circuit. If the phones were not connected to a 220-volt charger, nothing of this sort would have had ever happened.
Share this post with your friends and family.
If you liked this post, we would love to hear from you:)