A four-year-old girl tragically passed away after choking while eating with her family.
Rebecca Rayane da Silva Pereira was eating chicken nuggets, beans, and rice with her family on October 23 when she started struggling to breathe.
Her family rushed her to a hospital but she died upon arrival.
Her heartbroken father, Diego Alves Pereira, said she was at work when the incident happened. “My wife was at home with my seven-year-old boy,” he expressed.
“At the time, my wife tried to take her out, but she couldn’t do it and called the neighbor. They took the car and went to the UPA.”
He also said that her daughter was born 22 weeks premature and was diagnosed with oesophageal atresia. She underwent two surgeries for the organ malformation before she was one month old.
But even after the surgeries, Rebecca always struggled with eating.
“Depending on the food, she took a liquid together and when she choked, sometimes she was able to go back alone,” Mr. Pereira shared.
“She had a surgical procedure that widens [the oesophagus], but it hurts a lot and she would have to go days without eating, but she did not have enough weight because she was too small still.”
The couple were told that their daughter would never be able to speak but she started to form words when she was one year old.
“The first word she said was ‘daddy,’” Mr. Pereira wrote on Facebook. “Since she learnt to speak, she didn’t go a day without praying. The biggest lesson she gave us was prayer.
“It will be difficult now. She was such a smart kid with so much to live for and loved by everyone.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Baby Flower Girl Makes Unforgettable Wedding Entrance”