To take a break from the chaotic life and from the school, parents decided to go to the petting zoo where you can literally pet goats, rabbits, and other animals and spread love to all of them.
While the zoos can be a lot of fun and thrill, they also simultaneously have risks we are not really able to identify. These risks can be so dangerous at times that they may become a threat to life or even take it away.
A family who lives in California, and had visited the zoo learned it in the hardest way possible.
San Diego County’s Fair has a great attraction. Yes, they have a petting zoo in the fair where people can visit and have fun petting the lovely animals. For sure, the setting was attracting kids of all ages.
But this year, the joy was not the only thing people took home from the zoo but there was more. In June, about 4 kids that were in the age range of 2 to 13 years took home E. Coli also called Escherichia coli.
Although the health department says they cannot claim the contamination directly from the zoo as of now because there are reports yet to come out but the chances of the same are very high.
Because of the same, they decided to shut it down to prevent any more spread on June 29th.
Jedidiah, the 2 years old, who was affected, fell ill 4 days later after his trip to the zoo. Although he did not suffer from serious symptoms like gastrointestinal problems and cramping he developed the hemolytic uremic syndrome, a rare condition that turned fatal and killed the poor child.
The condition causes clotting of blood and inflammation in the kidney.
Share this post with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to ▼LIKE US▼ for more inspirational stories:)