The undefeated boxing legend Floyd Mayweather will return to the ring for an exhibition bout against YouTube personality Logan Paul.
With a stunning record of 50-0, the 43-year-old last fought professionally against mixed martial arts champion Conor McGregor in August 2017.
Mayweather also fought Tenshin Nasukawa in a December 2018 exhibition in Japan.
The legendary Grand Rapids boxer announced on Instagram that the bout will take place on February 20, 2021. The fight will air via pay-per-view on Fanmio.
25-year-old Paul, who has more than 22 million subscribers on YouTube, fought fellow YouTuber KSI two times in the past three years. He has one career fight and lost by split decision to Olajide Olatunji.
His brother, 23-year-old Jake Paul, also made headlines recently when he managed to beat former professional basketball player Nate Robinson in November.
Paul previously told Mayweather: “I’m eight inches taller, 40lbs heavier, half his age, two times as hunger, 10 times as smart.”
Mayweather replied on Twitter, writing: “These YouTube girls better find some Barbie dolls to play with cause I’m not the one for the kid games. 3 years ago a fighter from the UFC said my name and I had to put a muzzle on that bitch. @loganpaul can get the same treatment before I go conquer Japan again.”
Both Mayweather and Paul have reportedly been in talks over the fight.
Mayweather previously shrugged off claims that he was getting ready to face a rematch against McGregor.
In an interview with Drink Champs, he said: “I took it (the McGregor fight) serious, but I wanted to have some fun in the fight and I wanted to entertain the people. You have to give the people a show, so I gave the people a show.
“If I wanted to go out there and f*** him up and blaze him right out the gate, I could’ve did that. But my thing is this, if I would’ve did that, then it wouldn’t be probably a part two.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!