A family was baking a frozen pizza when they found that they had also been cooking a snake!
Amber and Robert from Wake Forest, North Carolina placed a frozen pizza inside the oven for a quick dinner. But smelling something weird and noticing smoke billowing from the oven, they check to see if something’s wrong.
That’s when they discovered that a snake had been accidentally cooked alive along with their pizza, which they threw away.
“The oven started smoking and I told my boys ‘back up’ so I can make sure a fire or anything didn’t happen,” Amber said to WRAL.
“I looked closely and was like ‘Oh my God! That’s a friggin’ snake!’”
The mother-of-two then took her children out for dinner while her husband cleared up the oven.
“We did not eat the pizza. I hear a lot of people asking the question. ‘Did we eat the pizza?’ No,” Amber explained.
“I put the oven on self-clean after I pulled that crispy critter out,” Robert added. “I was queasy and it was creepy. There’s nothing good about finding a smoky snake in your oven.”
They haven’t used the oven since the shocking incident as they couldn’t forget the smell of burning reptile. They refer to the smell as ‘not good.’
They also believe that the snake was alive when they turned the oven on as its mouth was open when they found it.
It is not clear how the 18-inches long snake found its way into the oven but the mother-of-two said plans to hire an expert to investigate.
“I’m not happy about the way that the snake died. That’s a sad way to go for any living thing,” Amber said.
“I have two little boys so I’m just so concerned. Every time I see a shadow I’m like freaking out.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this post with your family and friends!