Tesla CEO and co-founder Elon Musk have been spotted driving the company’s new electric pickup truck around Los Angeles.
Musk can be seen at the wheel of his all-electric Tesla truck, giving the girls filming him a little wave before he sped off.
On Saturday, YouTuber Roberto Cruz spotted the Cybertruck prototype on the 405 freeway and posted a short video online. According to him, the truck was being driven by the Tesla CEO himself.
The footage was shared with the caption: “This video is going nuts right now, so many people have been hitting me up for it… HERE U GO…..”
Musk claims Tesla received 200,000 orders for the vehicle in the first two days after its launch.
The tech billionaire tweeted: “147k Cybertruck orders so far, with 42& choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor. With no advertising & no paid endorsement.”
He later updated that figure in a different tweet saying he’d received 200,000 orders. If you are interested in placing an order for your very own Cybertruck it’s only $100 (£77) to put your name on the list, which Musk says is fully refundable.
In November 2019, the big launch didn’t go according to plan, especially when he asked Tesla design chief Franz von Holshausen to try and break one of the windows.
On the launch which took place in California saw Musk telling the assembled audience: “You want a truck that’s really tough, not fake tough. You want a truck you can take a sledgehammer to, a truck that won’t scratch, doesn’t dent.”
Franz broken two windows with a steel ball – whoops – but Musk told the audience that the test wasn’t a complete failure.
“It didn’t go through,” he said.
“A little room for improvement. Alright, let’s see… so yeah… we threw wrenches, we threw everything – we even literally threw the kitchen sink at the glass and it didn’t break. For some weird reason it broke now, I don’t know why. We’ll fix it in post.”
According to the Forbes reports, how the mess-up wiped three-quarters of a million dollars (in just one day) from the Tesla founder and CEO after the company’s share price dropped by six percent.
The loss didn’t do too much damage though, apparently only made a dent to the 48-year-old’s $23.6 billion (£18.1bn) fortune.
The vehicle is slated for production for 2021 and will come to the market at $39,900 (£30,600).
“Don’t Touch The Baby” – Mum Launches Own Signage Brand To Stop Strangers Touching Newborns”
[rumble video_id=v5btn3 domain_id=u7nb2]