We all hear every single day that ‘Cigarette Kills’, but do you know in 2018 more than 202 cases of e-cigarette poisoning were recorded and around 80 of them were children.
E-Cigarette vaping liquid is so dangerous for an infant’s health than just 1 milliliter of liquid nicotine is enough to be fatal for a kid.
Last year, the number of infants’ deaths due to nicotine liquid have recorded to be increased by double as compared to 2017, yet no one is raising voices on this serious issue.
And a few days ago the other toddler died after being poisoned by e-cigarette vaping liquid in Australia.
Although police are still investigating the issue they have officially released the statement that the baby died due to exposure of liquid nicotine.
On the other hand, Quit Victoria is demanding the government officials to tighten their rules and laws regarding e-cigarette consumption and restrict its use too just like a normal cigarette.
For any infant, 1ml of liquid nicotine is enough to be fatal, either consumed or inhaled.
It can also act as very poisonous even if the child’s eyes get in direct contact with the liquid.
Australian Government’s Department of Health has also taken the notice of the sad incident and have decided to come up with plans to control the e-cigarette consumption and to make sure that the liquid nicotine doesn’t harm anyone.
Quit Victoria director Dr. Sarah White said, ‘The big concern with the poisonings is the significant increase over the last two or three years — it is a real problem.’ She also said that an increasing number of reported nicotine poisonings is a direct result of the rising popularity of e-cigarette consumption worldwide.
She said that we all need to raise our voices on this issue before it takes the lives of other infants too.
“Woman Snatches Baby Out From Mother And Saves Baby’s Life”