The pet owners in England have been issued with a warning not to let their pets overheat after a devastating incident that occurred where a dog died while being taken out for a walk in the sun.
The RSPCA has warned the pet owners to take care of their dogs and cats in the hot temperatures following the death of a 5-year-old, fit and healthy pooch in North West England.
The weather, over the past five days, has soared past 30°C mark across the United Kingdom. RSPCA received around 730 calls concerning animals being left in the searing environments between Monday and Thursday.
RSPCA Altrincham Cheshire said that they were informed about the death of a local dog due to heat stroke when he was taken out for a walk at 9 am when the temperature was merely 21°C.
As per the owner, the pooch was completely fit and healthy and had no medical conditions.
He said that despite plenty of warnings about the summer sun and heat, people still take their dogs out. He said that it is important for a dog to take his/her daily walk but dog owners have to understand that walking your dogs in hot temperatures can have serious and permanent damage, and in some cases, even death.
He added that it doesn’t matter whether your dog is young, white, not a bull breed or is used to heat, the changing climatic conditions can get better of them.
Those looking for the signs of heat stroke in their pets must look for their dogs panting excessively, having seizures, or be staggering. Moreover, they also should look for high body temperature, bright or dark red tongue, dry or sticky gums, vomiting or bloody diarrhea.
The RSPCA has advised the dog owners to immediately call the concerned vet if they see any of the sings mentioned in their dogs.
If you liked this post, share it with your friends and family.