Whenever I arrange a picnic or a party outside – I can’t help but think about all the bugs flying around.
Even though bug sprays are definitely effective, I often hesitate to use them since they’re full of chemicals.
So, when I came across this amazing all-natural bug repellent, I just had to try.
Making it was surprisingly easy and effective, and I think you should give it a try as well.
Here’s the list of the ingredients:
- Mason Jars
- A couple of sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Floating tea light candles
- Essential oil, such as Cedarwood oil or Lavendar oil. Any oil will work fine! It’s completely up to you.
[rsnippet id=”4″ name=”DFP/34009881/Article_1″][rsnippet id=”7″ name=”fb-like-and-share”]
Once you get all of the ingredients above, just follow these simple steps to create your own bug repellent!
1. Cut up lemons and limes into little wedges.
2. Place two slices into each mason jar.
3. Add a little bit of rosemary – about 2 sprigs per jar.
4. Fill 3/4 of these mason jars with water.
5. Add about 10 drops of essential oil to each jar and stir.
6. Next, place one more slice of either lemon or lime in the jar.
7. Place a floating tea light candle on top, then light the candles.
In just 7 steps, you now have all-natural bug repellent. Once the repelling effect seems to fade, just throw away what’s contained in the jar. Rinse these jars, and recreate them! You can also replace the candles as needed.
[rsnippet id=”5″ name=”DFP/34009881/Article_2″]
It’s effective, chemical-free, and beautiful! Plus, all the ingredients are super easy to find at your local grocery store.
If you need more help in creating these mason jars, check out the video below and watch the process step-by-step.
[rsnippet id=”6″ name=”DFP/34009881/Article_3″]