Summers are back which means the harsh sun is back.
If you are a mother you will understand how important it is to keep your kids safe. Be it summers or winters, the kids have to play outside and they do not stop no matter what you do.
In winters you make them wear thick coats and in summers you make them wear hats and sun blogs to keep them protected from the sun. But what if this protection becomes the very cause your child gets hurt from?
Rebecca Cannon had traveled to her sister’s home in a different city with her 14 months old baby girl Kyla. In the hustle bustle of packing it always happens that we leave some or the other thing behind and the same happened to Rebecca as well.
She forgot to pack the sun blog she used for her daughter and her daughter had to go out to play. She then asked her sister to give her a child-friendly sun blog and her sister handed over her a can of Banana Boat Kids Free Broad Spectrum SPF 50.
She sprayed some on her hand and gently applied the blog on her daughter’s face. In about an hour, she saw that Kyla’s face started to swell. By the next morning, the baby girl had rashes and blisters on her face and she was in terrible pain.
Rebecca quickly took her to the hospital where the doctors told her Kyla has second-degree burns. Doctors took the baby in and prescribed some ointments for her face.
She spoke out about her story so that she can warn other parents and the brand of sun blog for it had done to her baby’s skin. Please make sure you use the right products for your kids. Not all products that claim they are kids safe are really kids safe.
Share this post with your friends and family.
“’Horrified mother discovers pins in the punnet of strawberries. ”
If you liked this post, we would love to hear from you:)