43-year-old Eric Asher and his fiancée rescued a baby girl sweating in in 88 F temperatures as her parents passed out on the ground due to heroin overdose.
He shared pictures of the incident on social media, starting outrage from surprised viewers. He claims that he found a woman and a man passed out on the ground of a parking lot while he was driving by.
That’s when he noticed a baby girl inside the vehicle, sweating as the temperature reached 31C or 88F.
Asher, with his fiancée, rescued the little one from the car and immediately gave the baby water. A bystander also called the emergency services.
“We were driving down the road and I looked over to my right and I saw the male and female laying on the ground,” he said. “We later saw that they were purple. The child was covered in sweat. We gave the baby some water – that was our priority.”
Asher said that the baby’s mother called him to thank him for saving their child. She also mentioned that they were heroin addicts and had relapsed after cleaning their system from the drugs for two years.
The baby girl is now being taken care of by a relative.
Court records show that the parents of the baby have been charged with endangering a child and released on $1000 bonds.
Asher shared the photos of the incident on Facebook to increase awareness of the dangers of the drug. He captioned: “Lord put us in the right place at the right time.”
Many Facebook users commented on the post, and most expressed their anger toward the parents.
“They should be stripped of their parental rights until they prove they are off drugs,” one said.
“I don’t know you. But thank you. That baby is alive because of you and your family. God put you in the right place at the right one,” another one said.
Do you agree that the parents shouldn’t take care of the baby until they are completely off drugs? SHARE this story to help raise awareness of the dangers of heroin!