A couple whose home had burned to the ground were left filled with hope after discovering that their wedding rings have survived the blaze.
On Wednesday, as wildfires were ripping through California, Chloe and Jason Caroll were forced to abandon their Vacaville home as a “tornado of flames” started charging towards them.
“I have just never seen something move so fast… The flames were taller than trees,” Chloe told KCRA.
As the couple was driving away from the wildfire, Chloe and Jason remember they had forgotten their wedding rings in their house.
In an attempt to save their rings, the couple returned home only to find their house engulfed in flames.
“I just watched it all burning down. I just thought of everything. My kids’ ultrasound photos. My kids’ footprints from their birth,” Chloe expressed as she explained her family had been living in the house for over 35 years.
Once the blaze was out, the Carrolls once again returned to their house only to find it reduced to a pile of ashes and rubble.
With everything they’ve had gone, the family went on a desperate search for anything of value that might have survived the blaze, and despite all odds, they managed to recover Chloe and Jason’s wedding rings.
“I just started screaming, ‘We found it! We found it! I told you we would find it!” Denise Pennington, Chloe’s aunt, recalled.
As the couple revealed after the finding, the rings provided them with the hope they will need as they begin recovering from the painful loss of their home.
“I got something that I thought was completely gone. It gives you a little bit of ‘we can do this.’ It gives you a little hope,” Chloe said.
“I did not believe anything would be found, and I thought if it was found, it’d be melted to nothing,” Jason added.
Recommended Video For You!
Modern Caveman: Man Builds A $230,000 House In 700-Year-Old Cave