A family, from Wake Forest, North Carolina, was left horrified when they found out that they accidentally cooked a snake while making a frozen pizza in their oven.
Amber Helm and her husband Robert were making a frozen pizza in their oven when they started smelling something weird.
They decided to check the oven and were left shocked to see a snake in their oven. The couple had been baking a snake inside their oven while making a frozen pizza for dinner.
The mother-of-two Amber said she had to take her sons out for dinner while her husband remained in the house and cleared up the reptile.
Amber told WRAL: “The oven started smoking and I told my boys ‘back up’ so I can make sure a fire or anything didn’t happen. I looked closely and was like ‘Oh my God! That’s a friggin’ snake!'”
“We did not eat the pizza. I hear a lot of people asking the question. ‘Did we eat the pizza?’ No.”
Robert added: “I put the oven on self-clean after I pulled that crispy critter out. I was queasy and it was creepy. There’s nothing good about finding a smoky snake in your oven.”
It is still unclear how the snake, which was about 18 inches long, entered into the oven. The couple believes that the snake was alive when they turned on the oven as it was found with its mouth open.
The couple hasn’t used the oven after the incident.
Amber said: “I’m not happy about the way that the snake died. That’s a sad way to go for any living thing. I have two little boys so I’m just so concerned. Every time I see a shadow I’m like freaking out.”
[rumble video_id=vfr2p domain_id=u7nb2]