A 40-year-old homeowner found out builders had destroyed his $760k (£540k) home after a payment dispute.
The shocked owner had been abroad when he had an issue with the scaffolding on his home, which was left with a missing room and his front garden covered in rubble after the furious contractor decided to undo the work he had done.
Speaking to the LeicestershireLive, the 40-year-old said the builder had done the ‘worst’ job and he refused to pay out £3,500 for the work.
“I bought the house last year. The builder started in February and we wanted lots of work done so it could become our family home for six of us,” he said.
“We wanted a two-storey extension, a new roof, new wiring and for it to be more environmentally-friendly.
“Unfortunately, I picked the worst builder.”
The furious builder left the house in its current condition and the scaffolding was taken back by the scaffolding company.
“I had gone on holiday and was 200 miles when it all happened on Tuesday,” the homeowner said.
“I’ve contacted the police, who said it was a dispute and not a criminal case, and I’ve emailed Trading Standards. I’m still on holiday so it’s difficult to sort out from here.”
A neighbor also told Leicestershire Live that the work had left the street a huge mess.
“The work had been going on and there was scaffolding up and it all had planning permission. Then people noticed the builders starting to remove things and demolish the work that had been done.
“The neighbours are really upset with how it looks and the fact it has also ruined the pavement.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!