A 12-year-old boy who woke up healthy and excited for gifts tragically died on Christmas Day.
Cason Hallwood from Winsford, Cheshire was very excited to spend the holidays with his mother, Louise, and three brothers, Caiden, 13, and twins Corley and Cowen, 18.
The young boy, who had a nut allergy and asthma, also enjoyed Christmas dinner at their grandparents’ home.
But only hours after he went to a park with his friends, Cason called his mother and complained that he couldn’t breathe properly.
His mother rushed to the park and gave him a shot from his epinephrine auto-injector before calling emergency services.
Cason was taken to Leighton Hospital where he tragically died.
“It’s really sad, to lose a child is awful but on Christmas Day too, it’s heartbreaking,” a family friend, Sam Decruz, said. “Cason was always with his mum, he loved his mum to pieces.
“He was very boisterous, always breaking things, Louise was forever having to replace stuff but he never did it intentionally.
“Christmas Day of all days he cracked the screen on his new phone his mum had got him but he was dead funny.
“He had everybody in fits of laughter, he was just a very cheeky boy.”
The young boy spent holidays in the hospital because of his asthma and it was his first time to spent Christmas at home.
“The one year he doesn’t spend it in hospital and then it’s ended like this,” Sam added.
“As a parent myself I cannot comprehend the pain that Louise and her three other sons are feeling right now. It’s something no parent should ever have to go through.”
Sam has set up a GoFundMe page to help the family pay for Cason’s funeral expenses.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!