A toddler was almost boiled alive after he fell into a large pot of boiling water.
2-year-old Ivan Maletych from Ukraine is fighting for his life after suffering burns to 70 percent of his body. Photos taken by a volunteer show the little boy lying on the bed covered in bandages.
The incident occurred when his mother Ivanna Maletych was preparing to wash their clothes.
She brought 40 liters of water to boil in a cooking pot. She left it on the kitchen floor before going to a local supermarket to quickly grab some bread.
“Ivan was playing in the house while his elder brother was watching cartoons,” the mother-of-four said to local media.
“I think he entered the kitchen and accidentally fell into the cooking pot of boiling water.
“My husband was in the courtyard near the house. He heard screams and rushed to our son.”
Mr. Maletych ran to the kitchen after hearing Ivan’s screams. He removed the child’s clothes and poured cold water on him.
He rushed Ivan to the Lviv city and the boy was admitted to the intensive care unit.
The 2-year-old was diagnosed with severe burns to 70 percent of his body and 4th-degree burns.
Doctors are battling to save his life but haven’t said anything yet on his chances of survival.
Victor Pyzhevsky, the head deputy of the hospital’s emergency department, said: “The boy is in a critical condition. He is receiving mechanical ventilation.”
Mrs. Maletych said: “I am constantly in the hospital with my son. Doctors say nothing on his chances of survival. My heart is broken and I cannot forgive myself for what happened.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your family and friends!
“A Man Lost His Life After Falling From A 170 Feet High Waterfall While Trying To Take A ‘Selfie'”