This incident has occurred on February 28, where a 6-year-old boy named Anthony Fiore nearly died after eating burgers which were made by his mon.
You all must be thinking what nonsense it is but yes, its true. Little 6-year-old Anthony Fiore took one bite of his burger and immediately fell ill.
The Fiore family was enjoying a beautiful summer evening and decided to fire up the grill and make hamburgers for dinner. But who would have thought that this will happen?
After eating the burger the boy started feeling uneasy. Anthony’s mom rushed him to the hospital emergency room and what the doctors found in the boy’s stomach made her panicked. Doctors discovered that he had swallowed a wire from a metal brush.
“It felt like a needle,” Anthony told the Canadian Broadcasting Situation.
While preparing the burger, his mother cleaned the grill with the metal brush. She might not have noticed that some parts of metal got sucked in the burger which was consumed by the boy.
The brushes are common for cleaning grills and most families with barbecues probably own one.
“We knew something was wrong and he was in extreme pain because he was crying. From the time we had dinner to the time we had surgery, it was about 12 hours later, because our journey started at the local hospital, and then we were transported to SickKids,” Anthony’s mother, Nadia said.
Specialists at the children’s hospital were eventually able to remove the wire stuck in Anthony’s throat by performing advanced surgery.
Then they noticed one crucial thing: Anthony hasn’t developed an infection from bacteria on the wire.
After this horrifying incident, another mother took a pledge that show won’t ever use a metal brush to clean the grill.
One of the safest things to do is trying to avoid using metal barbecue brushes.
There are several other ways to clean barbecue grills without using brushes. Some people fire up their barbecue and let it burn the residue off their grill; others rub their grill with a raw potato. Still, others use aluminum foil to scrub the grime away.
So, share this story with your friends and family so that more people learn about this common household danger.