Laura Collins got the worst shock of her life when her little five-year-old son, Jack Collins went for a swim.
Read on and see what happened to the five-year-old.
Jack’s favorite hobby had always been swimming. The beach was his best friend and the pool was his second best friend. But one fateful day, while his mother was trying to clean him up after a day of swimming, little Jack realized something unexpected – His bathing suit was not as good as it looked.
Laura and her family had gone for vacation, it is then that she realized something was wrong with her son. As she was helping her son remove his swim trunks, the poor boy could not help but let out a blood-curdling scream. Laura had no idea why her little boy was screaming uncontrollably. When she later noticed why her son, Jack was crying out loud for help blood drained from her face and she felt sick to her stomach.
[rsnippet id=”4″ name=”DFP/34009881/Article_1″]
Laura was extremely shocked and terrified at her discovery. She did not know that children’s swim trunks and bathing suits could cause harm and injury to anyone. But after her son’s incident sent him to the emergency room, she is now speaking out to help protect other children from this horrible incident.
Laura Collins told the Mirror, “He let out the most gut-wrenching scream I’ve ever heard; it’s a sound no mother should ever hear.”
The 33-year-old mother had taken her swim at Lanzarote since he loved swimming so much. Unfortunately, she was not aware that the bathing suit she had packed for him would be a nightmare. It was at Lanzarote when the nightmare began unfolding.
Laura tried all she could to help her son but in vain, she was so desperate to free him of the dangerous bathing suit truck. The netting of the bathing suit had gotten trapped around his penis. It was extremely painful. The net caused excruciating pain to little jack. He had never experienced so much pain in his whole life.
She revealed, “I knew it was caught in some way but I couldn’t figure it out and he was very distressed. I carried him to reception and asked for some scissors. When I explained what had happened they said I needed to get him straight to a doctor.”
Despite the fact she got the scissors and tried to help set her son free, the netting was too tight to be removed by her inexperienced hands. So she quickly rushed her boy to the emergency room where a doctor could cut him free.
[rsnippet id=”5″ name=”DFP/34009881/Article_2″]
Unfortunately, the netting was so tight that even the professionals found it very hard to cut it off his genitalia minus hurting the little boy. So they administered a local anesthetic to his tender area so that he could not feel the pain as they treated him and then finally they began to cut his bathing shorts free.
After he was cut loose, Jack and his mom Laura were finally relieved. however, the doctors refused to let Jack go home. They said he was still in need of attention. For the next several hours, the doctors kept a close watch on Jack to ensure that his urinary tract was not destroyed. When it was clear he was okay, they discharged him with a dire warning about bathing suits.
Laura is now sharing a warning with the public. She warns parents to be extremely careful when shopping bathing suits or any other kinds of clothing for their children. She tells parents to remove the netting from swim trunks because this can reduce the chances of injury to their children.
Even though Jack’s incident seems to be a strange occurrence, the hospital had seen other boys with the same problem before. Since it is a common accident that could happen to anyone, Laura needs parents to hear her warning. It could save their child a trip to the emergency room and save them from suffering an injury to their genitals.
[rsnippet id=”6″ name=”DFP/34009881/Article_3″]
On the other hand, the company that produced the bathing suit known as Tesco has apologized and promised to look into the matter. The company was also unaware of the danger that the netting of the bathing suits that they produced posed. They also promised to investigate further with their manufacturer and assured their clients that they aim to provide them with only the best quality of bathing suits that meet the industry standards.
The company said in a statement to reporters, “Whilst we will be conducting an investigation with the manufacturer we would like to assure our customers that our swim shorts meet the industry standards required for the mesh lining.”
Please SHARE THIS WARNING with any parent you know now!