Ever since Himalayan salt lamps became famous, news about them being dangerous also platformed.
These lamps have been called risky by many people due to many different reasons.
Many people have also complained about their pets being negatively affected by these lamps.
One such case went viral as a cat owner, Maddie Smith took to Facebook to warn people about the ill-effects of these gorgeous looking lamps.
Maddie noticed her cat, Ruby behaving very strangely but she rubbed it off presuming that it was because of the cold. So she nicely wrapped her up and left for work.
But when they returned after their day’s job, she noticed how Ruby’s condition had deteriorated. Ruby could barely walk. She wasn’t even able to eat or drink properly.
Concerned, they rushed Ruby to the vet where all the tests came out to be healthy. Her blood reports arrived the next morning. The reports showed that she had extremely high sodium levels in her blood. This severe salt poisoning had caused her brain to swell, followed by neurological problems.
It was later that they realized that Ruby had been licking the Himalayan salt lamp kept at their home. The salt of the lamp was addictive for her, and it was the cause of all these problems.
Ruby is in a much better place now. She is recovering now, and Maddie has the doctors to thank for it.
Maddie’s purpose in writing the post on Facebook was to make people aware of how deadly these lamps are. She says she has removed the lamp from her house and requests pet people to do the same to protect their furry buddies.
Dogs and cats share similar ill-effects if they lick the lamp. This salt can cause vomiting, seizures and diarrhea. It may also lead to falling in coma or death.
Share this post with your friends and family:)