Having healthy hair is everyone’s dream and nobody wants their hair to be damaged.
But, have you ever used rice water to strengthen your hair? If not then have a look at this article to know about the benefits of rice water.
During the ancient Heian period in Japan, women had beautiful and healthy hair and the secret was rice water.
According to studies, inositol the ingredient which is present in water repairs the damaged hair as it penetrates into it. Not only this but it helps to protect your hair from future damage.
You would be delighted to know that this beauty product is very easy to make and you need rice water to make it.
Here Is How To Make Rice Water
Materials you need:
2 to 3 cups of water
1/2 cup uncooked rice (brown, white long grain, white short grain, jasmine, or whatever you have)
1. To remove dirt or impurities, rinse the rice with 1 cup of water.
2. Put rice in a bowl and cover it with water.
3. You need to soak the rice for 15-30 minutes.
4. Turn it around or knead it until the water gets cloudy. It will help you to get minerals and vitamins in water by making a nourishing rinse for your skin and hair.
5. Take a clean bowl to strain the rice. Now it is ready to use.
Fermented Rice Water:
1. To ferment the rice water, leave it for 1 day and wait for it to turn slightly sour. It may take 24-48 hours as it depends on how warm it is. Fermentation process would be faster in the warmer room temperature.
2. If you want to decrease the fermentation process then leave the rice in the water and strain when it is fermented. (Leave it covered for 12 to 24 hours.)
How To Boil:
1. To extract the rice water you can boil it.
2. Use more water than normal to boil the rice.
3. Take out the excess water when it starts boiling to use it or you can also cook the rice fully, strain then use that excess water.
4. Don’t forget to use the rice water to dilute it with plain water until it is just slightly cloudy.
Some benefits of rice water include hair growth. Rice water helps in hair growth and decrease hair fall. The amino acids present in rice water is good for the regeneration of hair and in faster growth of your hair.
Rice water contains vitamins E, C and B, which improve hair growth. For growing your hair, wash them then rinse with rice water and continue the process at least 2 times per week for the better results.
Also, plain or fermented rice water is the best conditioner as it provides smoothness and elasticity and repair and strengthens the damaged hair shaft.
How to use rice water.
1. Take rice water and pour it on your hair.
2. Massage your hair and scalp.
3. Now, leave it for 4-5 minutes or up to 20 minutes.
4. Use plain water to rinse your hair and do this process for once a week.
You can store rice water in your fridge as it stays good for up to 1 week. Before using it, shake it. Many people have split ends and to get rid of it use the rice water as it contains plenty of protein.
There are many reasons for split ends and one of the main causes are are pollution and inadequate maintenance, which results in overall degeneration in the health of hair.
For getting rid of split ends, you need to soak your hair in rice water for at least 15-20 minutes. Now wash your hair to see the improvement.
“Husband Learns To Style His Wife’s Hair After She Had A Stroke (video)”