A man who was struggling with cancer has passed away posterior contacting flesh-eating bacteria in the sea in Florida on the weekend of July 4.
The 66-year-old, William David ‘Dave’, and his wife Judy, traveled to Niceville, Florida, from their home in Memphis, Tennessee, the previous week to visit Cheryl, their daughter.
It was many days after the national news of a 12-year-old Indiana girl broke, who had barely survived necrotizing fasciitis – fast moving, brutal flesh-eating bacteria – on a beach close to Destin, Florida.
In spite of having no open wounds at all, and frequently covering the sealed scars while in the water on July 5, Friday, Bennett was hospitalized on July 6 with chills, fever, excruciating pain in the legs, and a painful, big spot on the back.
Doctors supposed a staph infection and prescribed him with antibiotics. However, within a few hours, he went septic, coded, and by the afternoon of Sunday, passed away.
Posthumous tests showed that he had contracted Vibrio vulnificus, a kind of bacteria that lives in the sea water and under-cooked shellfish, and is deadly to about 33% of people who contract it.
Presently, Cheryl is sharing the story of her father in precise detail as a warning to everyone vacationing in Florida where treacherous bacteria are progressively more frequent.
Within a few hours of being prescribed with antibiotics, Cheryl’s father went septic and his heart stopped beating – twice.
The family got the lab results on Wednesday confirming the disease Vibrio vulnificus that thrives in the Gulf of Mexico, and gradually more so as the waters warm.
In her distressing post, Cheryl claimed that she was riddled with regret and wished that there had been more warnings.
Share this post with your friends and family.
If you liked this post, we would love to hear from you:)