A baby was taken to a hospital with a singed scalp after using a 65p bottle of bath wash from Aldi.
The child’s mother from Teesside said he started to shake and scream after using Aldi’s Mamia Bed Time Bath.
Only a few moments later, the 3-month-old boy became unresponsive. He was rushed to hospital by ambulance and fortunately made a full recovery.
His mother, who wants to remain anonymous, wants to warn other parents.
Sharing a photo of her son’s red scalp on Facebook, she said: “At the end of his bath I lathered some up in the water and used it to give him a wash over just like usual and rinsed his hair with it.
“Minutes later he started screaming out of control, shaking, screaming. When all the front of his scalp had completely dried out it looked singed.
“Due to me thinking his scalp was burnt, a huge rash and massive irritation, I lathered Sudocrem and he instantly settled.
“I knew his scalp must have then felt burnt and the Sudocrem had soothed it, so I rang 111 to see about going and getting him checked over.
“They asked me to keep him awake and check his breathing etc, they dispatched an ambulance and said to ring 999 if he became seriously worse.”
She said that she thought her baby was dying in her arms. She tried to keep a clear head but every second seemed like a year.
“Just moments later he became completely unresponsive, floppy lost all his color and very clammy we couldn’t rouse him at all for well over five minutes.
“We rang 999 who told me to put him in the recovery position until the ambulance arrived and blue lighted him to North Tees Hospital.”
The mother said the ordeal was horrifying and believes the bath wash she purchased may have been from a faulty batch.
“I actually thought he was dying in my arms,” she told Teesside Live. “I tried to keep a clear head but every moment seemed like an age. A little baby had a traumatic time and I don’t want another to go through that.
“Aldi are more than happy that I have brought this to their attention as they can investigate and proceed with recalling the batch of product.”
According to Aldi, the formula of the product hadn’t changed. A spokesperson said: “We are sorry to hear of (the customer’s) experience and would like to reassure her that there has been no change to the formulation of this product since it launched two years ago.
“All of our baby and toddler products are rigorously tested before going on sale, but as with all cosmetic products, it is possible to develop an intolerance to a particular ingredient.
“We have spoken with (the customer) and have asked to receive a sample of the product so we can investigate this fully with our supplier.”
What are your thoughts on this matter? Let us know in the comments area and SHARE this story with other parents!
Recommended Video – “Pope Francis Kisses The Baby Girl On The Head—Parents Witness The Miracle After Few Weeks”