A horrifying minibus crash on Tuesday claimed nine lives of passengers after their driver slammed with a lorry while livestreaming himself on Facebook.
The incident, which occurred about 60 kilometers from Budapest, Hungary, took the lives of Romanian foreign workers, and their driver, also a Romanian, who was taking them home. Sources say that he failed to see a lorry while overtaking on a Hungarian road, resulting in a horrific crash.
In the video footage, the passengers in the minibus were listening to Romanian music when it was suddenly cut off one second before the collision. The driver threw his phone to one side to avoid a head-on crash.
According to Romanian media, 16 children lost their parents in the devastating accident. Angelica Dumitru, a mother of two brothers who lost their lives in the crash, told Romanian TV station digi24, “I had two boys in the car and one daughter-in-law. Now they are dead and their children can’t stop crying.”
“They went abroad to earn some money, to provide a better life for the family. They also started building a home and were gathering money for the construction. Now they will never finish it.”
The minibus, which was destroyed by the strong impact, looked like something from a horror movie after the incident. The driver was identified as 38-year-old Petru Kalau, who didn’t have a license for driving a multi-person car.
Mayor of the commune of Mica in Mures County, Szekely Ladislau, said that Kalau had valid insurance for both the passengers and the vehicle.
“I spoke with the insurance company representatives in the morning after the accident and they said that the insurer will pay damages to the families of all nine deceased victims as specified in the contract,” he said.
The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed that all the victims are Romanians. Romanian authorities will shoulder the costs and procedures for the repatriation of the bodies.
“All the nine victims were confirmed to have Romanian citizenship. The bodies were taken to the morgue in Hungary for autopsies,” Paul Ciocoiu, Romanian Ministry for Foreign Affairs spokesman, said.
“We are working with the Hungarian authorities in getting the bodies back to their homes in Romania as soon as possible. The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs will cover all the costs.”
It is believed that most of the victims had been picked up in Slovenia.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section below and don’t forget to SHARE this post for more interesting stories!
“Family lost their Dream home by Wildfire, Northwest Of Los Angeles”