In the age where most of us happen to remain inactive and sedentary, simply going for walks and moving more can significantly increase our metabolism and burn more calories.
Health issues are rising at an alarming rate and from kids to adults; everyone is prone to one or other health disorders.
This is why it is recommended taking 20-minutes of a daily walk. The researchers have come up with a simple yet effective guide to help you shed those extra pounds simply by walking. They have divided the plan into three different categories – easy, moderate, and hard. The plan is designed for 21 days.
For the first week, you are required to spend five minutes in the morning and night walking. And while you walk, keep your pace to a moderate level, that is; the pace at which you can walk and talk.
As you continue to walk daily, increase your time by two minutes. That is; by the third day, you should walk at least nine minutes each in the morning and night. So, as the first weekends, you should be walking about 17-18 minutes each in the morning and night.
For the second week, start with two minutes of easy walking followed by ten minutes of pace walking and then reduce your pace to normal and walk for two minutes again.
- For day 2, engage in 20 minutes of walking at any time of the day.
- For day 3, perform five minutes of moderate walking and 12 minutes of pace walking.
- For day 4, engage in 20 minutes of walking at any time of the day.
- For day 5, perform five minutes of moderate walking and 15 minutes of pace walking followed by five minutes of moderate walking.
- For day 6, engage in 20 minutes of walking at any time of the day.
- For day 7, perform five minutes of moderate walking and 18 minutes of pace walking followed by five minutes of moderate walking.
For week three, perform what you did in week two but with an increased time-span.As your endurance level will be certainly increased, you can add few easy exercises to your daily walking routine as well like squats.
If you follow this regime for 21 straight days with discipline, you will certainly see some change in your body appearance; look for how much weight you lost in 21 days. It will be very encouraging.
If you liked this post, share it with your friends and family.